Students completing the BA or BS degree in Religious Studies should be able to demonstrate the ability to
- understand the influence of religion upon culture, and the influence of culture upon religion;
- analyze the influence of religious value systems on individuals and peoples;
- apply appropriate methods of research and argumentation to questions concerning religion and culture;
- communicate their findings in clear, well-reasoned writing; and
- express cultural literacy concerning the major religions of the world.